Re: [ga] Motion asking for GA poll on rebid of ICANN contract - update 1

Kristy and all assembly members,

  Kristy, I agree this is the best course of action.  But as you may know
the ICANN BoD and in particular the ICANN staff have been gaming
that approach for some time now, first with the IDNO and more recently
and still ongoing, the AT-Large.

Kristy McKee wrote:

> Seems to me a more attainable goal would be to recommend all persons be
> replaced or retained via an election process.
>
> Perhaps we stick with the structure we know and take a risk to try to
> replace nearly the lot of those at the receiving end of the till.  The
> result may be more of the same, something different, or completely
> different than we have now.
>
> Creating some change within the walls of the ICANN office might enable the
> DNSO to carry out it's policy making initiative.  Please consider modifying
> the proposal to be less dramatic - a change of personnel - where no
> appointments are permitted - elected persons only. (or a modification of
> this :  or not.)
>
> :)
>
> ~k
>
> Kristy McKee

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827