Re: [ga] Concerning the upcoming "rebid" vote

Tuesday, May 07, 2002, 8:29:32 AM, William S. Lovell wrote:

> Are those descriptions of ICANN?  I ask not by way of what the
> MOU says, but rather by way of the actual performance of ICANN
> over the years. If you think ICANN has abided by the MOU and the
> Green and White Papers, etc., you should probably oppose a rebid;
> if you think ICANN has not, and has failed in its obligations, you
> should favor one.

That is not why someone should vote against this "motion."

This motion should be voted against because it is an inappropriate use
of the DNSO General Assembly and would permanently render the GA
useless as a body.

Those voting for this motion are really voting for the death of the
General Assembly.

You should vote against this motion whether you support a rebid or
not.

And if you support a rebid, you should join a coordinated effort to
get that message out.  You should not let yourself be a party to Jamie
Love's attempt to try and get a media victory over ICANN by
embarrassing it with a vote like this in its own DNSO GA, and in so
doing, rendering the GA permanently ineffective.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info>