Re: [ga] how to deal with liars?

Thomas Roessler wrote:

> How should we deal with someone who purposefully
> misrepresents his identity, and participates in
> this list on a very active basis?

Expose the fraud. Leave it to individuals to decide
how they wish to react.

> Should such an individual be permanently blocked from posting?

Absolutely not. There are two main issues. One is
that this would be a start down a slippery slope
toward censorship. The other it that it would not
be at all likely to be effective. He could just
re-subscribe under an alias.

> Should such an individual also be blocked from receiving the GA list
> through e-mail?

No.