[ga] NC BS

Thomas's analysis of the recent NC recommendations is I believe overly pessimistic.
The logic behind the recommendations is as follows:

1. Identify the stakeholders who should participate in ICANN policy development.
2. Factor those stakeholders into a policy development body.
3. Have a consultation mechanism for the rest of the world.

So, if we consider consumer/individual user/registrants as stakeholders who should participate, let them do so.
But let's not dismiss these principles based on the failure of the status quo or questions about the administration of e-mail lists.
Philip