Re: [ga] NC BS

On Thu, 16 May 2002, Philip Sheppard wrote:

> Thomas's analysis of the recent NC recommendations is I believe overly pessimistic.
> The logic behind the recommendations is as follows:
>
> 1. Identify the stakeholders who should participate in ICANN policy development.

The answer to that question is very simple - any person who believes that
he or she has an interest in participation is a "stakeholder" and should
be able to participate on parity with any other "stakeholder".

The idea that "stakeholdership" can be confired upon one, or denied to
one, by some outside body or person is a feudal relic.

		--karl--