[ga] Re: [ncdnhc-discuss] Board conflict of interest on .org

Milton and all,

  I must agree strongly with Milton and Ted here.  I am unfortunately
not hopeful that Alejandro will be forthcoming with his apology
to Milton and Ted any time soon, if ever.  This too is very
unfortunate and frankly, disgusting.

  I also have heard from many of Alejandro's countrymen, whom are
our members, regarding Alejandro specifically.  The majority are
displeased in the extreme with his performance and representation....

  All this aside however I personally have found some of Alejandro's
ideas and discussion useful and worth consideration.  But I would
have to say that not enough of it would persuade me to believe
that he is ICANN BOD material.  Therefore I think he would
do well to step down or resign gracefully at the earliest possible
time...

Milton Mueller wrote:

> Alejandro:
> I don't know what you are talking about. No facts have been
> "corrected" - indeed, as more facts come out they look worse
> and worse in terms of the conflict of interest charges. (I am
> here referring to Byfield's perfectly valid point (a fact, by
> the way) that Lynn Hardy's background wa in bookselling
> prior to being hired by Neulevel, which makes her recruitment
> by them look even more suspicious.
>
> There is a prima facie case of conflict of interest here, and
> you would do well to think harder and try to rise above the
> normal ICANN response of circling the wagons and accusing
> every critic of being evil. It won't work in the Auerbach lawsuit
> and in this case, you just look ridiculous.
>
> No one is "hiding" any "hand" that throws a stone. Our names, facts,
> and concerns are all publicly expressed. I think you owe me
> an apology, and Byfield as well.

> Barbara,
>
> this discussion is increasingly off-base.
>
> Milton has had his facts corrected and has not come out to acknowledge so.
> Funny that this should happen exactly when this constituency was making an
> attempt to form its own policy on conflicts of interest. Spanish speakers
> have a very low regard for the attitude of "lanza la piedra y esconde la
> mano", "throw the stone and hide the hand".
>
> The rest is vicious picking on people who are not even being addressed
> directly. Now that Dave has gotten you to your dictionary please look up
> "gavel", Spanish "picota" or "picota publica".
>
> Of all members of this list I am particularly apalled that you would
> lend yourself to this revolting maneuver. Ted Byfield has made a posting
> that is beyond contempt and should have been your amber light to lift off
> the quagmire. I trust you will.
>
> Alejandro Pisanty
>
> .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .
>      Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
> Director General de Servicios de Computo Academico
> UNAM, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico
> Av. Universidad 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico
> Tel. (+52-55) 5622-8541, 5622-8542 Fax 5550-8405
> http://www.dgsca.unam.mx
> *
> ** 10 Aniversario de Internet Society - www.inet2002.org en Washington, DC
> ---->> Unete a ISOC Mexico, www.isoc.org
>  Participa en ICANN, www.icann.org

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827