From: "Gary Osbourne" <gro@direct.ca>
To: "Thomas Roessler" <roessler@does-not-exist.org>
Cc: <ga@dnso.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2002 12:08 PM
Subject: Re: [ga] NC BS

: At 12:33 PM 16/05/02 +0200, Thomas Roessler wrote:
:
: >   Actually, while the discussions about the currently-running vote
: >   were going on, Alexander and I considered the idea of verifying
: >   the eligibility of members of the voting registry, in response to
: >   James' outside campaigning.
:
: Would this idea have been considered if the Chair
: and Alt Chair had not opposed James motion? This
: borders on paranoia. There is already a procedure
: in place for dealing with claims regarding members'
: eligibility to post or vote. Was there any evidence
: whatsoever that what you choose to call James 'outside
: campaigning' had resulted in ineligible members? If
: so, what was it? If not, what was the problem you
: were attempting to solve?
:
: Coupled with your suggestion that some individual
: who makes false claims should not even be able to
: read the list (are you proposing the web archives
: be removed, or just password protected?), I have
: to ask why you are attempting to increase the
: power/scope/role of the Chair/Alt Chair, while
: also attempting to manage what other's might call
: James 'outreach'. Perhaps such actions are better
: left to those like Philip Sheppard and M. Stuart
: Lynn, they seem to have a knack for it.
:
: If I see a certain Bob Davis, or another non-entity,
: posting here, or listed on the GA voting roster
: (Bob's not there now), I'll let you know. You can
: then deal with it using existing procedure. Isn't
: that sufficient to deal with any current problems,
: whether real or imagined? -g
:
: --
: This message was passed to you via the ga@dnso.org list.
: ("unsubscribe ga" in the body of the message).
: Archives at http://www.dnso.org/archives.html
:
:
: