Re: [ga] deletion policy - what should it look like?

Dan and all assembly members,

  I believe that "Delete" in the context of the issue(s) at hand
means both Delete from the Registrar database and the
Registry RRP, database as these two should match
most of the time and during any given reasonable
time span...

Dan Steinberg wrote:

> perhaps we could begin by defining exactly what is meant by 'delete'?
>
> * delete from the registry?
> * delete from the registrar?
> * be unable to renew the domain anymore even tho something might still
> be temporarily 'live'?
>
> Thomas Roessler wrote:
> >
> > One of the things which have come out of the TF calls is that there
> > have been quite a few people calling for a uniform domain name
> > deletion policy (which I hereby baptise UDNDP).  What should this
> > policy look like?

> >  - Delete precisely N days after the date of expiry, at HH:00 UTC.
> >  - Delete between M and N days after date of expiry.  (N - M = 7)
> >  - others?
> >
> > Comments welcome.  While I don't believe that a deletion WG could
> > actually get a full consensus policy done until Bucharest (as Danny
> > suggested), producing a suggestion may still be worth the effort.
> >
> > --
> > Thomas Roessler                          http://log.does-not-exist.org/
> > --

> Dan Steinberg
>
> SYNTHESIS:Law & Technology
> 35, du Ravin            phone: (613) 794-5356
> Chelsea, Quebec         fax:   (819) 827-4398
> J9B 1N1                 e-mail:synthesis@videotron.ca

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827