Re: [ga] WLS

Jeff and all assembly members,

Jeff Field wrote:

> [...]

  This is a key point.  Thank you Jeff for pointing it out again.  Indeed
WLS does nothing to address speculation on Domain Names.  If anything
it in effect increases speculation on Domain Names, specifically soon to
be expired ones.  The second issue that WLS does not completely address
is the delete problem, which WLS is supposed to address in the first
place.

> In any case, I don't believe reducing speculation in
> domain names is within the scope of ICANN's duties just because "many people
> would like to minimize it".  Speculation reducing, and whether or not there
> is a need to do it, is unrelated to technical coordination in any way shape
> or form.

  I don't see and outcry for reducing Domain Name speculation.  I also
have not seen or read very much of anything that WLS will actually
enhance or even address coordination of the DNS is any meaningful
way.

> Best regards,
>
> Jeff
>
> --
> jeff field
> 952-848-7626
> 952-848-7627 fax
> jfield@aaaq.com <mailto:jfield@aaaq.com>
> -----

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827