Re: [ga] Concerning the upcoming "rebid" vote

On 14:00 08/05/02, Alexander Svensson said:
>it's hard to see how this GA vote will not be (ab)used to demonstrate
>exactly why the At Large is such a bad idea.

Dear Alexander,
I will not object the truth of what you say. But there is a very long time
that this idea has been not only used and abused but accepted by everyone.
The @large IS a bad idea the way the ICANN and the ALSC has presented it.
And the way the ICANNatlarge current attempt is developping it right now.

Now, the question you must ask yourself is: let suppose Jon Postel is alive
and there is no ICANN, no one ever figurered out the @large concept and
certainly not of the GA. What would you do? when using the net, when
developping on the net, when planning the net, when being unhappy with NSI etc.
jfc

---