Re: [ga] "to represent the unrepresented"

Erica and all assembly members,

erica wrote:

> While a lot of useful discussion has been held on the need for some sort of
> individuals constituency, in order for the NC to be able to go beyond some
> vague form of 'in principle support', it would be helpful for the GA to
> develop a concrete proposal which deals with the key issues which have
> recently been under discussion on this list:
> Constituency Name;
> Constituency Objective (mission)

  Any constituency's Mission(s) may change from time to time and event
to event or issue to issue.  Any real constituency may have multiple missions
as well.

> Membership (who is -and is not- eligible);

  For and individual constituency, ANYONE would be eligible...

> Funding and organisation.

  Organization may be varied and could change from time to time, naturally.
Funding is up to the Constituency members.

> I think we need to develop a document which sets out the skeleton for a new
> constituency and around which consensus can be built.

  I disagree with respect to a Individuals Constituency.  I also see this as
being a vehicle for divisiveness that is both unproductive and unnecessary.
An Individuals Constituency a in line with the ICANN Bylaws should
be self declared and self forming...

> erica

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827