[ga] Endorsement of Joanna Lane for the Board of Directors

I wish to announce my endorsement of the candidacy of Joanna Lane for a
position
on the Board of Directors.  It should come as news to no one that she
has been among
the most active of General Assembly participants for quite some time --
her web site
internetstakeholders.com has long provided a useful, informative
service, besides
expressing her commendable perception of whom she would regard her
"constituency"
to be.  I have been privileged not only to observe her working
assiduously on ICANN
affairs for many months, but also to work with her in the development of
the Best
Practices system, and I've not seen anyone work harder for the benefit
of the Internet
as a whole -- work which, I might add, exhibits a perception and an
image of the Internet
as it really ought to be, while at the same time recognizing the
limitations that are imposed
by the present ICANN structure.  I wholeheartedly recommend her
election.

Sincerely,

William S. Lovell