RE: [ga] Additional Questions for our Board Candidates

At 18:38 10/08/01 +0200, Jefsey Morfin wrote:
>On 18:01 10/08/01, Cade,Marilyn S - LGA said:
>>Jeffsey, the votes have not started during the endorsement period.
>>Endorsement is part of an opportunity to hear from the candidates, and
>>see who else supports them... in short, while we in the U.S. might call a
>>campaign period;  others might call it candidate awareness or interactions...
>
>Under our own cultures when voters are given their ultimate
>possibility  to express their position, we use to call that a vote :-)
>
>I know that in the ICANN system GA Members ballots carry no weight ... but
>let permit the GA to believe a few weeks that it has some importance ...  :-)

Jefsey,

The way I see the endorsement round, is to give the NC members  who do not
participate or read the GA postings, the opportunity to quickly scan the
list of endorsements, so that they know who *not* to vote for, even as a
second or third choice.

Isn't that right, Marilyn? :-)

--Joop--
the Cyberspace Association.