Re: [ga] Second Advisory Concerning Equitable Allocation of SRS Resources

On 15:45 11/08/01, DannyYounger@cs.com said:
>Louis Touton has advised the Council of a new announcement (rather
>important):
>http://www.icann.org/announcements/icann-pr10aug01.htm

If I understand right this means "as we cannot prevent stock piling on a
medium scale, we organize it on a major one" ? The number of involved DN
increasing every day accumulating the back log will only increase all the
problems involved.

The solution is either to get a better system or to decrease the pressure,
i.e. the market value of the cancelled  DNs. Question is : "is the internet
a business exchange or a network system"

If it is a business exchange let transfer the DN management to the NASDAQ
if it is a network system let open 1000 TLDs to decrease the demand

In any case this shows that a serious servicing of the current DN system
cannot be accomodated for $ 9 and calls for a total economical review of
the ICANN system by real profesionnals.

Jefsey