Re: [ga] Consensus... Definition?

Sotiris,

>Forgive me for saying so, but your call for a definition of "consensus" is
>IMHO some kind of diversionary tactic.  Why, and to what end...?

You may notice that I am only addressing the issues that are on the agenda
of the Task Force, not creating new items at my own whim.
Whether you and me and the other GA members like it or not, there is a
proposal on the table to get rid of the concept of consensus altogether: the
GA can decide it is a diversionary tactic, and not address the point (and
maybe shoot the messager, in lack of better target), but that in itself
would make not the item disappear, or provide a statement.

>  In its last
>published consensus-based document the WG-Review suggested the definition
>of
>"consensus" as a 2/3 majority of vote participants.  Did you not read it?
>Must we have the same discussion all over again?

I did read it, and there was nothing that suggested to me that the WG-R was
the "consensus" of the GA.

>  On the other hand, we have
>the very interesting declaration of what "consensus" means in ICANN terms:
>......... <snip> .........
>
>--
>So what's the deal with this call for "consensus" definition Roberto?  How
>about a domain name definition instead?  It would go a lot further in
>cleaning
>up the mess created by the ambiguous wordslingers who crafted the entire
>notion of web-policy by fiat ably branded with the obscure term:
>"consensus".

Because I fail to see how the definition of a "domain name" can be within
the scope of the Task Force.

>This whole topic stinks!

... and therefore we should leave it to others to deal with? ;>)

Regards
Roberto