Re: [ga] Status of the Review Task Force

On 09:23 30/08/01, Roberto Gaetano said:
>Of course, it will be in the best interest of the wannabe constituency to
>produce more and better evidence to better build their case, but it should
>not be a requirement for the DNSO to open a debate and a vote in the NC).

Full agreement here. Creating a new constituency is BoD privilege. NC has
nothing to do here. But the new constituency mist be formed enough for the
BoD just to acknowledge it exists and to maintain good relations already
with the other constituencies. Actually is should be a no one
decide/everyone approve situation.

Should the GA have existed and Joop having started the IDNO as a de facto
part of the GA, the problem would be solved for a long.

Jefsey

PS. The change in DNSO will be the abandon of Dennis Jennings compromise.
We all know that for a long and it should have been WG-Review 's main task
to address the way of doing it. This now question the raison d'être of the
BC and of the NCDNHC. They must switch quickly to the ALSO since the rigid
SO system oblige them to belong to a single SO. This rigid SO system also
creates a totally artificial problem to the ccTLDs. Mike is right about the
need of a gTLDSO. Another solution would be to adopt directly my scheme
instead of promoting progressively every constituency to SO level, making
the BoD a super NC until the SO start forming WG with their own Council and GA.