Re: [ga] Status of the Review Task Force

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law" <froomkin@law.miami.edu>
To: "Peter Dengate-Thrush" <pdthrush@actrix.co.nz>
Cc: <ga@dnso.org>
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2001 12:08 PM
Subject: Re: [ga] Status of the Review Task Force

> Actually, I kind of wonder
> 1. why icann should have ANY say over ccTLDs?
> 2. why ccTLDs should have ANY say over ICANN?

Good questions. We rather see it as an exploration of what advantages will
accrue to the internet community, taken separately within our own countries,
and globally, from
coming together.
Are there policies which we can develop together?
We have begun to think there are, by reference to our Best Practices
document for example.
Others have found it helpful to refer to the UDRP in developing their own
local DRPs.

Together, the gTLD administration - ICANN, and the rest of the world's
registry managers may form quite a useful body.

Regards

Peter Dengate Thrush
Senior Vice Chair
Asia Pacific TLD Association