[ga] NC Structure TF

Now that the Council list is once more visible, please note the post below.
Although the Assembly is listed as a participant in yet another Task Force,
no one bothered to let us know...

If someone has an interest in participating in this Task Force, please
advise.  If we wind up with more than one candidate in the next few days, an
election will be scheduled accordingly.    Hopefully we will be able to
determine a GA position on re-structuring before we send forth our candidate.

http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/council/Arc06/msg00022.html

As agreed at Montevideo allow me to propose terms of reference for a new NC
task force to consider the implications on the DNSO of current proposals
which impact on the structure of ICANN decision making. Please let me have
your support or comments for amendment by Friday September 21 and your
nominations for participation.
Philip
NC Chair
Name
NC task force on Structure

Composition
one representative from each constituency and one from the GA

Terms of reference
To produce a timely impact assessment on ICANN decision making and the role
of the DNSO as a result of the proposals from the at-large study committee,
the desire of the ccTLDs to form their own supporting organisation and other
related proposals.

Timeframe
Initial assessment by LA November 2001
Final report by year end.

Method
To save time, evaluate a set of possible outcomes (scenarios) for ICANN
re-structuring by considering their advantages and disadvantages on decision
making.