Re: [ga] We can't be against it?

From: "Cade,Marilyn S - LGA" <mcade@att.com>

> hmm, so some don't consider business registrants/others
> a constituency?  We think we are represented by one of the ICANN DNSO
> constituencies. And the non commercial registrants are engaged through the
> N-C Constituency.

Well, let's see.  I saw the "participate in ICANN" web page, so I'd like to
participate.  Now, I have a domain name, and I sometimes use my email address
to conduct business, so that leaves me out of the N-C Constituency.  So I
guess that means I can join the Business Constituency as an individual who
has a domain name and conducts business every now and then, right?

Hmmm... somehow I don't seem to fit those qualifications either.  Who is it
that represents me?

> ...and that security and data escrow are a priority, and should become even
> more so.

ICANN is supposed to have safekeeping registration data, and they are not
doing it.  If a registrar goes down the tubes, the only thing NSI has is the
nameserver data.  This is a massive security hole, and the only thing ICANN
has done along these lines is to file an intent-to-use trademark application
for a service they still aren't providing.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, ICANN firmly agrees that most of the name space
should remain vulnerable to any registrar who decides to go nuts and submit a
large number of falsified registrar transfer requests...

That's real secure.