Re: [ga] November 13 GA meeting

On 11:23 01/10/01, Joop Teernstra said:
>ICANN staff can focus on security issues at this time, but ignoring the
>long festering democratic deficit will render all of ICANN moot in the
>longer term.

would it not be time to call things by their name? Democracy has nothing to
do with all this - I do not ask my telephone to be democratic but to work.
We are the users of an inter-user system. If we are happy, the system will
continue, if we are not we will change systems. As the entry point is our
computer, it will only be a new network generation for us to inter-relate
(actually the end of the root server system).

Usually no one cares about ICANN, so democracy is a good thing. Now Stuart
Lynn has changed that. He said to the public: "I am the ICANN; I am in
charge of your Internet, I am not happy with the system's weaknesses". That
will interest the people and the press. Great!

The press will come in MdR. This is the best thing which can happen to the
Internet: the world to see the way ICANN manages to be *the* weakness of
the most resillient network architecture ever. Nothing is more urgent that
this education. From there on, all the pending issues will be reniewed and
priorities up-dated.

Enjoy: SMEs, individual DN holders and individual users will not be
discussed, they will decide (the one who hacks the ICANN site during this
security meeting will make head lines and decision).

Jefsey