Re: [ga] Under $6.00 pricing by NetSol - ICANN BoD Judgment errors...

On 21:08 11/10/01, Jeff Williams said:
>I also have the same problem, Jefsey.  However I will say that the idea
>of having registrars was to provide competition for Domain Names
>in .COM, .NET, .ORG...  But had there been the registries allowed
>first, the registrars would not have been as necessary.

The target being to provide competition among registies to reduce their
market share I fail to understand how creating more sales for the same
registry could do that. The only thing was the $ 6  per DN of NSI registry
were protected and more sales coming in. So instead of creating competition
they created cynersquatting sponsors and made NSI financed by unlucky
investors.

Actually it has helped competition against the ccTLDs and still augmented
the NSI market share.
I many langages and in many countries people doing just that are called
crooks or stupid. In this case I do not know the American word?