Re: [ga] IDNO -- This affects you.

We have a very strange system here where those in power have power over deciding
who gets to elect them or their replacements and who must they share power with.
I have the great fortune to work with a country that is taking an open and
transparent approach to modifying their constitution.  The most clear consensus
that is arising is making sure it is understood that a given set of rules apply,
that they are a nation ruled by law.  It is fun to see Mr. Sheppard and Mr. Cerf
describe ICANN as exactly the opposite.

We have changed the contract with DoC and our own by-laws often enough to be
certain there are no applicable rules in ICANN.  Most unfortunate and clearly by
design as three of our top positions are held by one lawyer. ( imagine the
futball ump deciding that this time blue can use their hands and then changing it
again)
This is sophistry in its' worse use.

Sotiris if any can swim across a river with such changing currents it would be
you.

May you have the courage to charge the things you must, the serenity to accept
that which you cannot do and the wisdom of discernment.  (yes that is a military
adaptation)

Sincerely,
Eric

ps. i do not see anyone trying to silence the detractors and i advise you read
their missives but not propagate by response.