Re: [ga] IDNO -- This affects you.

Some wonderful philanthropic person fill this neophyte in on the issue of technical
and the DNSO.  I cannot find a reference to it anywhere.

There are two other SOs and they are technical and they do not have a GA.  Perhaps
they should or should not, I don't know.  While they may assume that I do not have a
clue regarding epp and Ipv6 I may assume they have no desire to understand the Hague
Convention or read the US Senates' 121 page new anti terrorist bill to determine it's
impact on the internet, which is plenty.

Here, we are not controlled by technical truths we are curbed by them.  All of the
policy in the world can not put the inane release of the gTLDs back together again,
but had the other two SOs been properly consulted that Humpty Dumpty need never of
fallen off the wall.

I spent a decade on the policy side of public health, and I understand a broad
spectrum Antibiotic can deal with cutaneous Anthrax and I know enough to let the
Doctors decide that and work my butt off to get regs and the dough they need to
effectuate response, but they have to understand that the dudes and dudettes with the
dough do not want to hear about the micro biological aspects of rejection and/or
morphing.

So our real problem is that the ICANN is run by folks who do not care a twit about
outcome and the only security they are concerned with is Job Security = Power.  Hence
the point of Toutons' declaration in the Smiley injunction "we have the right to
dictate terms but no social responsibility when we are wrong".  If there is any true
fault with American values it is that. Brett is right on this issue, but ICANN is
irresponsible.

Sincerely,
Eric