Re: [Idno-discuss] Re: [ga] IDNO -- This affects you.

On 00:38 15/10/01, Joanna Lane said:
>Telecommunications are regulated by an authority that has
>delegated powers granted to it by a democratically elected government.

How yes? which one?

The NSA? the North Korean PTT? the Cuba Telephone Company, BT?,
Telephonica?  I am glad to learn that Nazi were democrats: Allieds did not
notice in 45 that their telephone system did not work.

The worst telephone company at a time was the Irish one (now it is one of
the best). Irish said "you do not reach the person you want but you are
making friends", so may be that it is when the telephone does *not* work
that it becomes democratic, or at least friendly :-)

Telephone Democracy Test (TDT): the faster you get a foreign correspondant
on the phone the more democratic is his country.

Sorry for teasing, thanks for the fun.
Jefsey