[ga] Re: Task Force appointees

On Mon, 15 Oct 2001 17:58:42 EDT, DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

>The General Assembly needs to provide a representative to the NC Structure
>Task Force.  As this particular TF has already convened, it is appropriate,
>in this instance, for the Chair to appoint a representative (as an election
>process can take several weeks to complete and there is an immediate need for
>our participation in this particular TF).  Having reviewed the names of those
>that have declared their interest, I have decided to appoint David Farrar to
>be our representative.
>
>I would ask David to chair a committee tasked with developing the GA's
>position on ICANN's future structure, and to seek the counsel of those other
>members that have declared an interest in this area.

In view of the tight time-frame I'm happy to represent the GA on the
Structure Taskforce and to work towards a consensus position
formulation.

I seek input as to where is the best forum to gather a consensus
opinion.  We could set up a dedicated mailing list, or use one of the
GA sub-lists or even use the GA itself recognising that this area is
one where almost all participants have an interest.

DPF
--
david@farrar.com
ICQ 29964527