Re: [ga] Task Force appointees

on 10/15/01 5:58 PM, DannyYounger@cs.com at DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

> The Names Council has also established a Task Force to attend to the issue of
> intra-registrar transfers.  Although we have not yet been asked to provide a
> representative (probably an oversight), I am reasonably confident that such
> an invitation will be forthcoming as this matter was brought to the attention
> of the Council by the GA.
>
> As this issue must also be dealt with in an expeditious manner, I also
> consider it appropriate to appoint a representative to facilitate the rapid
> resolution of outstanding issues.  For this Task Force we will need the
> benefit of a representative with a passionate interest in the subject who has
> demonstrated a commitment to registrant rights.    Accordingly,  I am asking
> William Walsh to accept this responsibility, and to similarly chair a
> committee that will discuss GA concerns relative to the transfers issue.
>
> I would ask both David and William to confirm their appointments.

I strongly object to the appointment of William Walsh in this position. He
advocates only American Registrar views, vehemently objecting to any
requests to consider the difficulties of non-US Registrars, and Registrants
in general. He sees no need to consider, let alone, comply with EU laws to
which EU Registrars and Registrants are subject and he advocates that ICANN
should refuse to do business with all foreign Registrars that will not
comply with American ways of doing business. We need a person who will fight
for removal of the bankrupcy clause from the Registrar transfer Agreement,
which is the most nonsensical, unworkeable clause as any I have ever seen in
any contract. We need somebody who represents the Registrants, not the
Registrars, and William is not that person.

Regards,
Joanna