Re: [ga] Reliability of the Internet - the silent battle - part 2

Eric and all assembly members,

  Perhaps you haven't been paying close attention Eric.  So let us
do a little review in conjunction with interspersed responses to
your commentary.  (See more below)

Eric Dierker wrote:

> Could someone relate why this is relevant to this list.

  Yes.  So more below

> DOMAIN NAME SUPPORT ORGANIZATION
>
> Look at the charters and at the NC papers and the GA formation docs.
>
> We are here to deal with issues of domain names.

  Indeed we do.  But also the DNS in general as well.  As such
virus concerns with posts to this forum are VERY relevant to
it's participants as well as viruses that effect the DNS and Root server
structure(s).

> We are not here to talk about how each one of you is better at virus
> protection than the other.

  If in doing so provides additional information regarding name server,
root server, and overall DNS security specific to viruses we need
and should be discussing it.  If you do not understand the lingo, than
perhaps you need to bone up.

> Do any of you have a dotBIZ or a dotINFO or dotUS that resolves correctly and
> is not misleading servers?

  Many of us do of course.  But some viruses can effect and has effected
the resolution of those domain names.

> UDRP that is DNSO - GA related.
>
> How we are represented for DNSO purposes is related.
>
> Your technical analysis of how each of you can better deal and phrase virus
> problems is not related.

  Untrue.  It is quite importantly related to DNS and Domain Name
issues.  In fact it is an issue in and of itself.

> If you pull a "it's the security of the net gig" forget about it.

  Forget about what?  Please try to be more specific Eric.

> Anyone can go and watch participation on this list and see when technical
> chatter like this comes up it hurts particpation, as opposed to flame wars on
> personality helping participation.

  I haven't noticed it.  In fact the contrary seems to be more accurate.

>  Certainly there is a middle ground and this
> is not it.

  Perhaps and than again perhaps not.  If you have issues that you feel are
more interesting ot others of this forum, please initiate a thread/topic/subject
line for them.

> Eric

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827