Re: [ga] Report on the NC Transfers Task Force activities

On Wed, 7 Nov 2001, Joanna Lane wrote:

> on 11/6/01 12:43 PM, DannyYounger@cs.com at DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:
>

> > Whereas Verisign appears concerned that domain name holders may not be
> > adequately represented in these discussions, if there is an organization that
> > represents such interests that would like to forward a representative to this
> > task force, please let me know and I will bring such interest to the
> > attention of the Interim Chair.
> > --
>

> Danny,
>
> As all in community knows, the organization that represents the interests of
> Individual Domain Name Holders at this time is the IDNO,
> http://www.idno.org, it's purpose and mission being ratified in it's Charter
> in September 2000 as:-

JDNO is in no condition to even come close to saying it represents those
interests. maybe someday it will develop something akin to the
cohesiveness that existed prior to the polar wars precipitated by  joop's
'optical illusion', but it's nothing more than an email list in complete
disarray at this time.

There are actually other organizations as well - such as ADOR/DOC which is
located at http://www.ador-doc.org - that don't have such disharmonious
atrophe at their very core. Organizations which actually have a charter
and incorporation - able to act and engage in business activity and enter
into contractual obligations. Things, if I'm not mistaken, that the JDNO
can't.

Bradley D. Thornton
Chief Technology Officer
The PacificRoot/Joint Technologies Ltd.