Re: [ga] icannworld.org

Jeff,

My messages are being blocked or something.

This is the fifth copy I'm sending to the GA ML.

Please forward the below, if necessary.

SS

------

Joop Teernstra wrote:

> On 09:07 13/11/01 -0800, William X Walsh said:
> >Tuesday, Tuesday, November 13, 2001, 8:53:16 AM, Sandy Harris wrote:
> >
> > > I find myself wondering about the line on www.icannworld.org's front page:
> >
> > > " This site is sponsored by the General Assembly of ICANN's Domain Name
> > > " Supporting Organization
> >
> > > Is that true? Can someone point me to the record of the GA deciding to
> > > sponsor that?
> >
> >You know, I find this rather amusing.  A person gets a few supporters
> >from a group, and all of a sudden, that group is supporting what they
> >are saying and doing.  At least that is how these people want to
> >present it.
>
> Some people find this amusing. Others find it tragic.
> A person goes out of his way to help with outreach, overreaches  with
> regards to claimed support, and gets slammed to the point of being stamped
> in the ground.
> Can you please keep in mind that the job of GA Chair is an unpaid job and
> that time and money needed for the job is volunteered.

Joop, that is bull!  I could have cobbled together that
lame, frame-based, sorry excuse for a "website" in under 15
minutes in Dreamweaver!  If anyone thinks differently, I can
prove it for them anytime.  Don't even try to call it an
outreach effort!  That is a sick, pathetic, fcuking joke, so
don't go falling for it.

[If I made any spelling errors... they were intentional!]

Sincerely,

Sotiris Sotiropoulos