[ga] Would you share into an SME Constituency?

On 01:47 21/11/01, Tim Langdell said:
>Jefsey
>Good points.
>But refresh my memory, what does SME mean?
>Tim

Small and Medium Enterprises. The current Charter is specific about:
1. the SME to constitue an SME Committtee
2. the positions of the SME to be considered for everu decision/documen
The new proopsed Charter totally abandons that.

I proposed several times an SME constituency. I think the current
proposition is an occasion to rise the question seriously an ICANN level.
We have to understand that the BC is mainly oriented towards Telcos and
their equipment providers. Plus some business organizations. It even
includes an sTLD (.aero). I am not experienced enough to know if the BC
organization is fitting their desires. But I know it is not fitting my SME
needs. I also see that we disagree on many things. So why to impose SMEs to
the BC?

Would it not be easier not to "purchase" a constituency but to split it in
equal terms with the BoD approval? I think we should have a Large Business,
a Telco and an SME constituencies.

Time is appropriate to discuss it. We could certainly have a three parts
charter for a three parts BC and then the BC being progressively split as
each part staffes as per the proposed Charter.

Such a constituency would probably fit the ".biz" and the ".pro" business
area. So we might probably get some good sponsoring there.

For those (running their own show) interested; please indicate if :
1. you be interested in joining an SME Constitutency or Internet Association
2. you would want to be on the international bootstrap, or to start a local
national/reginal chapter.
3. you would accept it gahers business experts (consultants, investors,
trustees, etc...) and SMEs.

I thank you for your comments/responses
Jefsey