RE: [ga] The "mushroom treatment"....

That's been one of the core arguments for suppressing the creation of new
TLDs, since four years ago. He plagerizes D'Crock almost word for word.

The truth is, as ANY marketer can tell you, you can never be specific for a
consumer need. That said, the need for new TLDs was proven years ago. Which
specific consumer need, is impossible to forecast. That has also been
proven. There's a certain requirement for trial and error here. However, the
need, for new TLDs, appears to be so high that it almost doesn't matter.
However, a TLD with a specific charter will probably get more attention, due
to its focused market, than a generic TLD. But, that is also a supposition.

Also, ANY change is destabilizing, according to Webster. The COM TLD
receives thousands of changes per day with no problem. The dot-com blowout
removed thousands of COM entities catastrophically, with no problems (some
web sites are no longer there). We've even had hundreds of thousands of
business loose their internet connectivity (North Point), and the Internet
didn't collapse.

Lynn is either too stupid to recognize FUD when he sees it (in which case, I
question is competency), or he is a part of the FUD machine (in which case,
I am disinclined to grant you suspension in my belief wrt his honesty).