Re: [ga] No New TLDs -- Except .US ?

On Thu, 22 Nov 2001 04:03:15 +1100 (EST), David Goldstein wrote:

> I'm not subscribed to the GA mailing list, so it probably won't get
> to the list, but the following to websites should be able to help you
> Tim and whoever else wants to find information on what's happening to
> .eu TLD.

See:

EU - .eu top level domain (RAPID -
http://europa.eu.int/rapid/start/cgi/guesten.ksh?p_action.gettxt=gt&doc=MEMO
/01/247|0|RAPID&lg=EN)
The Council agreed on the Commission's proposal for a Regulation on
the implementation of the .eu Top Level Domain. The draft regulation
avoids a priori controls, provides for a period of sun-rise for
holders of prior rights and for public bodies. The draft also
acknowledges the concerns expressed by certain Member States on
geographical and geo-political names to either exclude such names or
to register them under a specific second level domain. see also .eu
top level domain (Council Press Release -
http://ue.eu.int/newsroom/LoadDoc.cfm?MAX=1&DOC=!!!&BID=87&DID=67043&GRP=363
1&LANG=1#_Toc518452706)
and EU Gives Initial Backing to '.eu' Internet Domain (Reuters).

EC-POP (EC Panel of Participants in Internet Organisation and
Management) - http://www.ec-pop.org

ICANN Channel Europe - http://www.icannchannel.org/tlds/eu.htm

It may also be worth checking out the Council of European National
Top-Level Domain Registries (CENTR) documents section of their web
site - http://www.centr.org/docs.

Cheers
David
 --- Tim Langdell <tim@xtns.net> wrote:

> Probably a silly question, but what about ".eu"? Anyone hear
> how that is progressing?
>
> Tim

=====
David Goldstein
post: 82 Kingston Road, Earlsdon CV5 6LR, UK
email: Goldstein_David@yahoo.com.au
phone: +44 24 7667 7226 (home) +44 7786 704 887 (mobile)