[ga] Dateline China: China shuts down Internet Bars/cafes chargeing Web cafes fail to block subversive sites

  • To: General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@dnso.org>
  • Subject: [ga] Dateline China: China shuts down Internet Bars/cafes chargeing Web cafes fail to block subversive sites
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 16:46:40 -0800
  • Sender: owner-ga-full@dnso.org

All assembly members,

  Seems that today the Chinese authorities are having a bit of
a problem with the Internet Bars/Cafes.  Could the shoeshine
boys be interested in subversive web sites?  Parish the thought!
See:http://www.msnbc.com/news/654583.asp

  I called some of my contacts in China today trying to get
an idea which sites were deemed "Subversive" I ask if
ICANN.org was one of them.  The reply was a resounding
YES!  I was flabbergasted to say the least....

  I seems that some of the political ideology that the ICANN
BOD and staff is purporting is considered to be in the
same vain as Pornographic web sites with respect to
it's potential damage to china's young people...

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827