Re: Re[4]: [ga] Business Constituency and the GA

----- Original Message -----
From: "William X Walsh" <william@wxsoft.info>
To: "Roeland Meyer" <rmeyer@mhsc.com>
Cc: <ga@dnso.org>; "Peter Dengate Thrush" <barrister@chambers.gen.nz>
Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2001 1:29 PM
Subject: Re[4]: [ga] Business Constituency and the GA

> I firmly believe the ccTLDs belong in the DNSO.

But you don't give any reasons, and, equally unproductively, you don't rebut
any of the now-widely accepted reasons given by the cc's for the change that
is now well underway.

So, you are not advancing the argument, merely re-asserting an opinion.
Accordingly,  I shall no longer respond to similar posts, as repetition of
positions is simply unproductive.

> I also firmly believe that the ccTLDs are not, and should not be
> assumed to be, under the control of the governments of the countries
> the ccTLD codes represent.

This represents a major mis-undersatnding on your part. I suggest you begin
by looking at the control your own government exerts over your own cctld,
.US.

After you've got up to speed on that, have a look at  Laos, Cambodia,
Bangladesh and Australia for Asia Pacific examples.Then, try Peru and
Argentina in South America.

 Although be careful - some facts might affect the beliefs you so firmly
hold.

Regards
Peter Dengate Thrush
Senior Vice Chair