RE: [ga] DNSO Constituency Structure

I would start at applying KISS. Or, as I like to say, KISS Occam's razor.
Part of the problem is that we've been trying to model this whole mess after
the FUBAR'd architecture that was contrived by ISI/IANA. That was a decent
first-approximation ad hoc taxonomy at the time. But it no longer serves the
purpose. We need to separate the logical from the physical and let both
achieve their natural form independently.

The physical form is the hardware infrastructure and it is artificially
constrained. The logical form are the various entities that use and abuse
the physical layer.

On this Thanksgiving day, I don't have the time to go deeply into this but,
it appears that a slightly orthogonal view is required.

An example;
1: Business (B2B and B2C, not 2 & 3)
2: ISPs and telcos
3: Regulatory agencies and countries.
4: DNS Publishers of any stripe (not resellers)
5: Everyone else

Failing to have an agreement, I would give them all equal weight. If they
can't state their entry requirements in 3-4 sentences of legal text then it
is too complicated and should be rejected.

BTW, and IMHO, long-term success of name reselling (registrars) is limited,
as a stand-alone core business. That market is becoming highly commoditized.
They haven't hit their chasm yet, or they are about to do so. The thing to
be is a registry. But, all of these markets have been heavily toxified by
activities of the ICANN.