RE: [ga] Re: DNSO Constituency Structure

Well, constituencies, as they were introduced in the IFWP, were a lot more
flexible. But, like the ICANN BoD, I didn't have any clue how we were going
to implement such a variable structure. The current scheme is a half-measure
that I think we were better off without. But, I've already made the "delete
the constituencies" speech.

|> How many small DN owners are also TM owners? Why can't they
|> become part of the IP "constituency"?
|> Now the business constituency redefines itself to e-businesses.

All reports state otherwise. Maybe I should read those reports again. One of
us is operating under a misunderstanding.

|> The DNSO becomes more lopsided for big biz by the day.
|>
|> >I think that we're about to confuse operational and
|> >business models here. There are private and public
|> >registries and many are both. Some do it for revenue
|> >and others do it for internal cross charges. Yet
|> >others, are charitable organizations (which may soon
|> >be broke).
|> >
|> >IMHO, the supply/demand polarized view may not be
|> >as accurate a model as y'all would like it to be.
|>
|> Agree. But Patrick is right in starting to look for
|> different parts of an equation that can be used to
|> introduce balances. Do you know a better formula than
|> DN supply/demand?

Hmm, how about publisher/distributor/buyer?

Networks aren't so easy to analogize.