[ga] Starting From The Top -- The Supporting Organisations

Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 07:03:24 -0800, Roeland Meyer wrote:
> [...]

Hi Roeland

At present there are three Supporting Organisations:

1. The Address Supporting Organization (ASO)
2. The Domain Name Supporting Organization (DNSO)
3. The Protocol Supporting Organization (PSO)

Starting with a clean slate, you have suggested a division between
"physical" and "logical" as follows:

Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 10:07:39 -0800, Roeland Meyer wrote:

> We need to separate the logical from the physical and let both
> achieve their natural form independently.
>
> The physical form is the hardware infrastructure and it is artificially
> constrained. The logical form are the various entities that use and abuse
> the physical layer.

That suggests to me that there should be TWO supporting organisations.

One for addresses, protocols, ISPs, telcos and all the other infrastructure.
And one for businesses, users, country codes and regulatory agencies.
What might be seen as the "logical" layer.  That includes trade marks.

Would you agree with that as a proposition?

Regards
Patrick Corliss