Re: [ga] DNSO Constituency Structure

Comments in sequence;

You and Bill rock.

Joanna Lane wrote:

> on 11/22/01 6:15 PM, Eric Dierker at eric@hi-tek.com wrote:
>
> > Patrick, Jeff and Roeland,
> >
> > This is dynamite stuff.  If we look at our pending and evolving best
> > practices how
> > can we move this into a productive and solid position concept?
> >
> > Joanna and Bill what is the next step?
> >
> > Sincerely,
> > Eric
>
> Eric,
>
> The process relies on a proactive role being taken by one individual, which
> Best Practices (BP) delegates to non-partisan GA Secretariat Office, whose
> job it is to assist interested members in moving a Suggestion forward on a
> step by step basis through a series of procedures, whereby the whole GA
> ultimately arrives at a fully documented consensus position on an Issue.
> While the GA does not currently have its own secretariat office, there is
> nothing to stop you taking on this responsibility yourself with respect to
> oversight of this particular Issue, the only condition being that you do not
> hold a strong position on the Issue, since it will be your responsibility to
> administer the process in a fair and even handed manner.

So at first I say, "shouldn't this be the Chair or Alt Chair job".  But
then I see
wisdom.  For myriad of reasons this should be a separate function.
(Chief Protocol Officer, Parliamentarian, even sometimes Sergeant at
Arms,
and quite often secretary)  I am getting it.

Hey maybe I could do this job because I always seem to hold a weak
position as opposed to a strong one ;-}.  Butt I fail in the fair and
even
handed gig :-(

> If you are comfortable to do that, then I suggest you review the published
> Best Practices (BP) documentation, substituting yourself for "GA
> Secretariat" (and other members may wish to do the same with respect to
> different Suggestions and Issues). The URLs are in my sugnature file below.
> Exactly what the Secretariat role entails in terms of practical steps is
> explained in BP Part IV, but this is still undergoing final revisions, and
> not yet published. In the meantime, I am sending you some additional notes
> offlist to help you get started, and please feel free to contact myself or
> Bill offlist should need anything further.

Obsessive compulsive, I am not at any stretch. In fact I am so much on
the other
end of the spectrum that you can call me obsessive impulsive.  But I am
learning and hope that I can work with others to make this work.  Thank
you
for a fine glimpse into the great prospects ahead.

I was rude and put a high priority on this as we will need to help to
get this done.

And I want others to pay attention to the reality of the future and the
great hope
that this experiment will work.

sincerely.
Eric