RE: [ga] RE: DNSO Constituency Structure

On 16:14 24/11/01, Gomes, Chuck said:
>I don't disagree with any of the arguments about the failure of the
>consensus system within ICANN but I attribute that to the fact that no valid
>consensus development process has ever been put into place.  I also
>recognize that such a task would be very challenging.

Dear Chuck,
I agree with Marc that such an acknowledgment is quite important. What I do
not understand is that such a task is not challenging to /undertake/. This
is what I asked for during the BoD camapign: that we go "Estonian" as the
Estonia started and operates a system at Gov Cabinet level involving citizens.

The one who will undertake it in good faith - or apparent good faith - will
get the focus and therefore will run the show. Much cheaper and rewarding
than capturing the @large, Chuck or spending M$ 200 on the DNS. WXW has
undertaken partly such a task in organizing a GNU project. WG-Review
provided many concepts. I proposed a basic understanding/model of the
socio/mechanic background to help understanding what we want to address,
Joanna and Bill provided a good set of inputs with their Best Practices.
This is a solid basis to undertake a project.

Jefsey