Re: [ga] "...Let consumers speak..." ???

This is really quite well said.  However I chose to take a more evolutionary
viewpoint.  I do not see it as so doomsday.

In the great forests of the American west we have great Pine (conifer) forests and
great Aspen groves (deciduous) interspersed.  To germinate the seeds of the Aspen
requires a fire.  For the Pine to grow well as a sapling requires the shade of the
Aspen.  So when left naturally the forests maintain an ebb and flow of Pines
choking out the very Aspen that allowed them to grow until they become to thick
and the next fire wipes them out and makes room for another grove of Aspen - and
on and on.  Failing to allow the small brush fires is what is directly responsible
for the catastrophic fires we see.  Old growth and the largest and most wonderful
trees are those allowed to compete naturally with the other species.

Now what we are doing here is the worst of both possibilities.  We are both clear
cutting the old growth and preventing the brush fires in the emerging forests.

Competition and consumer choice are the only way to grow a good internet, and it
will happen with or without approval.  But working with these forces will allow us
to grow a diverse and healthy Internet.

Sincerely,
Eric