Re: [ga] OBJECTION Re: Transfer TF elections

Danny and all assembly members,

  Nice piece of work here Danny!  Well done!

  Indeed Vint has his opinion and others may have theirs that are not
in agreement with Vints.  That is why Vint is working for the stakeholders,
all of them, not just spewing forth his personal opinions, or at least this
is what as a good BoD member Vint should be doing...

DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

> In a closed-door session of the Board:
>
> "I don't want a bunch of net.kooks like Karl and Andy spewing their garbage
> and sullying our credibility."  "Agreed.  We can't have Andy on any
> committee, even as an observer, because he might embarrass us with his
> comments about our procedural bullshit."  "But how will we deal with the fact
> that only Karl, Andy and Vint have expressed any interest in participating on
> this committee?"  "Perhaps we can use some procedural bullshit to deny Karl
> and Andy the opportunity to join, then we can stack the committee with those
> that have absolutely no interest in participating".  "Better yet, those of us
> that aren't interested and aren't willing to work can hold a vote that will
> determine that as a group we have decided not to send any interested
> observers to the committee".
>
> "Question… I know that everyone in this room understands Vint's position on
> inter-galactic transfers, but shouldn't he at least state his position during
> an election?"  "Don't be ridiculous, this is only a beauty contest… why
> should those of us that don't care ask any candidate to actually state his
> position?"  "We all know that we don't want Karl and Andy to be on the
> Committee… that's the only thing that matters, so let's just ask the Chair to
> come up with a procedural way to make sure that they aren't included."
> "Sounds good to me.  Do we a second?"  "Seconded."  "The motion is passed.
> Next order of business… dealing with those troublemakers in the GA… if only
> they could start acting like responsible members of the Board…"

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827