Re: [ga] OBJECTION Re: Transfer TF elections

Sandy Harris wrote:

>Second, the people playing silly games on this list are the ones trying
>to change the election procedures in mid-stream and introduce the notion
>that runners up become observers, not the ones trying to just have a
>normal election of a representative.

I agree with Sandy here, the election should proceed according to the rules
stated (i.e. one representative).
Two additional comments.

1. I appreciate the effort of Danny to get more GA people onboard, and the
consideration that participation should be open anyhow, but I would like to
stress that participation means "individual participation", not
participation as representative of a group.
In other words, nobody would object on any GA member to participate in an
open WG, but objection to participation of individuals "as representatives
of the GA" following elections whose rules have been changed while ongoing,
is in order. In other words, I disagree that the end justifies the means: we
should apply our own procedures.

2. We have the election rules, we have an election process going on, let's
go. If the watchdog committee (that is providing a safety net exactly
against abuses in the election process) believes that the ballots are
irregular, they will act according to their mandate.

In the meantime, we are only losing time. I am for going on, immediately,
according to the initially established rules, i.e. one GA representative.
Let it be either Thomas, or Eric, or Jeff. A second one will not be
according to the rules, and until the new rules are not voted in, should not
be done.

Best regards
Roberto