RE: [ga] ad homina

Dear Joseph and those who wrote me personally;

On 04:35 13/12/01, Joseph said:
>if you need to "solidarize" yourself to Jeff, you must also do the same for
>the others as from what I read, the exchanges/emotions seems to be mutual.
>The only stance you made with the statement is to take side.  Why a sudden
>shift from your usual "center" stance?  Of course, I am all in-support for
>moderated language in our public postings.

True, I take side ... the side of the human rights and of the GA self-respect.

There is a huge difference between opposition someone for what he says and
for what he is.

Opposing for what he says is your right and sometimes your duty. And this
is what a mailing list and consensus uncovering and decision processes are
about.

Opposing for what he is is only acceptable in two cases:
- conflicts of interest vs the group' charter
- a unversal reprobation as for nazi

Otherwise this is appartheid. In that case, I am sorry I will be on the
"wrong" side.

I obviously fully accept that Mr. Williams or Mr. Diecker are defeated in a
vote. But not that one discuss to change the rules or to be a candidate or
not because Mr. Williams and/or Mr. Diecker are candidates.

In fact I suppose those who are so vocal here only fear that Mr. Williams
and Mr. Diecker might be elected and try to avoid a vote they might lose.

When you are a candidate you certainly can be investigated and questionned
in regards to your conflicts of interes, of your positions, etc... Not
about your privacy and the use of your legitimate rights.

Jefsey