Re: [ga] ad homina

On 2001-12-13 10:41:57 +0100, Jefsey Morfin wrote:

>I obviously fully accept that Mr. Williams or Mr. Diecker are
>defeated in a vote. But not that one discuss to change the rules
>or to be a candidate or not because Mr. Williams and/or Mr.
>Diecker are candidates.

Check your facts.

<broken record>

All I'm asking for is that this be a vote in which it is at least
_possible_ that Jeff Williams and Eric Dierker are both defeated.
This would not have been possible according to the rules originally
proposed by Danny (and it's not compatible with his idea that - if
at all possible - everyone who's interested in the matter should
serve on the task force as a GA rep).  It would, however, be
possible according to the rules proposed by Jon Weinberg yesterday.

In particular, I'm NOT trying to change the rules - just the
opposite: I'm insisting that this vote be performed according to
those rules which had to be expected when the original call for
candidatures was published.  This call mentioned a SINGLE
representative.  It did NOT ask for candidatures for observers.

I'm also NOT saying that I don't want to be a candidate just because
Jeff and Eric are candidates, too: I'm saying that I expect that I
won't be able to represent the GA on the task force in a meaningful
way together with either of them.  Thus, I won't spend my time on
the futile effort to try it.

As a corollary, I am not going to serve on the task force based on a
vote where it's GUARANTEED that at least one of the two will be sent
to the task force.

</broken record>

--
Thomas Roessler                        http://log.does-not-exist.org/