Re[4]: [ga] Domain Transfers

Thursday, Thursday, December 13, 2001, 1:35:16 AM, Roeland Meyer wrote:

|>> You are no safer at NSI Registrar, in fact the argument can easily be
|>> made that you are in the most danger at NSI Registrar, who have had
|>> the largest incidences of domain hijackings, even to this day.
|>> Further, you are no safer with them as a result of Verisign
|>> owning the
|>> NSI Registrar and the Registry, since the NSI Registrar uses
|>> the EXACT
|>> same interface as all other registrars, with no inside advantage.
|>> There is no inherent benefit at all, except in your imagination.

> That is where you are wrong. As has been documented in this very forum,
> changing registrars is fraught with risk. Risk that MHSC is not prepared to
> add onto the risks that we are already taking. I pay a whole lot more than
> $35US for Liability, Errors, and Omissions coverage. We've had our primary
> domain since 1995, it isn't going anywhere (although, Adam keeps asking to
> buy it). An error in transfer will take MHSC down for the duration of that
> error. This time period is typically measured in weeks. That costs
> significantly more than $35US. The status quo is stable and I'd like to keep
> it that way.

That is blatantly false.  There is no risk at all in the Registrar
Transfer process.  Please back this up with some hard facts.

There are no errors that can occur in the transfer process that will
cause your domain to not work.

To call NSI stable is rather a joke, btw.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info>