[ga] IANA

After rereading this report I searched for Telegraph.
(I found a lot of interesting things but could not find an agency
that still regulates the telegraph industry.)

http://www.iana.org/reports/coop-report-13dec01.htm

  * * The Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (the IANA) is responsible
for various administrative functions associated with management of the
Internet's domain-name system root zone, including reviewing the
appropriateness of various contemplated changes to the content of the
root zone and preparing reports on those changes. This report gives the
findings and conclusions of the IANA on the establishment
of the .coop top-level domain (TLD).**

I would suggest these guys seriously consider changing their mission
statement or go the way of the Telegraph Authority.  ("the" root zone)

Isn't there already "a" .coop, tld on "a" root zone.  This is like an
Authority to regulate the TV station or the radio station.  Their
mission
does not even recognize operating ccTLDs.

Sincerely,
Eric