Re[2]: [ga] Domain Transfers

Saturday, Saturday, December 15, 2001, 1:46:39 PM, Sandy Harris wrote:

>> You have invested the time and energy necessary to learn how to use PGP;
>> most other humans have not.

> No, but quite a few have. A quick check on the servers shows keys for
> several people at icann.org, a couple of dozen including a corporate
> key at nsi.net, a few for Kent Crispin, ...

Again, a technically oriented group.

To expect end user registrants to do the same would create a real
barrier to domain registrations, for an increase in security that is
really above that which is really needed.  We really do not see a
domain security/hijacking problem on services where the domain
registration is secured by a website control panel username/password
combination on an SSL enabled webserver.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info>