Re: [ga] Question for Chair Candidates

Dear DPF,
I have been nominated ... So, however I don't think I will accept it I
suppose I have to respond this interesting question. My feeling is that a
limitation of the number of posts is a Chair's failure.

Let me explain. The Chair's job is to catalyze interesting debates towards
useful positions to the advantage of the constituencies
(crossfertilization, compromises, consensus). I believe that if he manages
that either the noise will fall or the quality of the posts will rise.

I think that useful desired sub-lists are also a very appropriate solution.
The problem we met with the sub-lists were their artificial nature, making
them Indian reserves rather than specialized fora.

The real problem is noise on purpose: this is an abuse to be handled by the
sergeant at arms.

I accept that this makes Chairing a real task, calling for time to spend.
It also calls for numerous votes and polls, therefore  tools the GA has not
yet. The thinking should be carried within the constituencies, the debates
within the GA dedicated sub-lists (inter-topics), the consensus on the GA
general (cross topics) and the follow-up by the NC.

Jefsey