[ga] Transfers TF election

An election is being held to determine the GA's representative to the
Transfers Task Force.  One issue under discussion has been whether the GA
chair has the right to exercise his discretion and to appoint additional
individuals to that task force as non-voting "observers" (in effect,
selecting election runner-ups as such appointees).  As Chair I reserve the
right to make such appointments, but will not exercise that right during the
remainder of my tenure.

This Task Force will have one GA representative only.  I have chosen to
respect the counsel of our former Chair Roberto Gaetano who wrote:  "A second
one will not be according to the rules, and until the new rules are not voted
in, should not be done."

My best wishes to the candidates.