[ga] dotAERO

http://www.washtech.com/news/netarch/14247-1.html

Well at least we move, whether forward of backward I am not certain.

When (or has it happened?) is an industry group just going to hire a
purveyor and make their own TLD.  Say the AMA or the ABA.

My recommendation to any ccTLD contemplating a dotAERO is
to make sure you are far more inclusive, also that you run a strictly
first come first served registration.

I think users are ready to type in "dotAEROdotMX" to find special
deals to fly to Mexico.  I also think that with a little advertising
bump
they are ready to do what need be done to get dotAMA (an alternative)
if they want the best health advice.

No I do not think this will happen yesterday, but my 19 year old and 16
year old get it, and by June my 13 year old will get it. All on their
own because
they want the best they can get on the net.

As a marketing company we are dropping domain names and only retaining
really good ones like generics.  Oh we still suggest packaging of a
group of
names that may be satellites to the planet name, but putting money into
traditional
marketing and production is far more productive than chasing dots.

ICANN's new TLDs are becoming superfluous before they leave the starting
line.

Sincerely,
Eric